The flagpoles at the end of each level in Super Mario Bros are rewarding when you're playing the game, but if you're setting up a TAS they suddenly become infuriating wastes of time. This video will show you how to TAS skip the flagpoles, which should improve your time substantially.
From the Creator:
In this tutorial, I show you how to both go through some blocks and how to basically do the skip. To go through certain blocks, find the first frame where when Mario jumps, he will not land on top of the block but will half go through it. Hold left once you find it, and depending on the block and the angle and pixel positioning Mario may go through a little or may go all the way through
As for the pole, jump from a decently high distance with running speed. Hold a for a few frames until the first frame where Mario would land on top of the block. Now hold left for 1 frame for positioning. Now, test frames until you find the first frame where when you are holding right, Mario will not land on the block but slightly enter it. Once you are about to go through, hold left and right when Mario lands, hold left, b and a. for 1 frame. then release all input and you should get it.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades