You can create basic 2D games with Objective C and the frameworks that the Apple iPhone already has, but the cocos2d framework allows developers to make their games much better, with animations, sprites, cool menus, special effects and more! Most game developers for the iPhone start out using cocos2d because it's a powerful tool, and best of all— it's free.
Download cocos2d now, and start making games!
1. Downloading the cocos2d framework
2. Setting up a cocos2d template
3. Creating sprites
4. Make stuff move
5. "I like it when you touch me" - user integration
6. Creating menus and menu items
7. Creating scenes
8. Intro to actions
9. Examples of actions
10. Sequence, spawn and repeat actions
11. Repeat, RepeatForever and erase
12. Creating RPG with titled map
13. Adding the map to the scene
14. Using object layers in tiled
15. Adding characters to the RPG
16. Moving the camera around
17. Make the dude move!
18. Make stuff to bump into
19. Converting the map to coordinates
20. Watch the dude bump into stuff!
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades